After Admitted Fall 2018 + Spring 2019

Steps for success

You've been accepted and are #uwecbcPROUD. There are a few things to do next to ensure you get everything taken care of before starting your academic journey. These steps are for students entering UW-Eau Claire – Barron County in the Fall of 2018 or Spring of 2019.

  • Set up your student email to receive time-sensitive information. For more information, visit
  • Activate your PRISM account. Your PRISM account is used to access your financial aid, register for classes and
    to pay tuition. For more information, visit You will need your student ID number.

Apply for financial aid with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at The UW Colleges school code is 003897 regardless of what campus you are attending. Application available October 1.


If you are a current high school student, your acceptance is contingent upon successful completion of your senior year.  After graduation, you must submit a final high school transcript to UW Colleges Admissions Office, 780 Regent Street, Madison, WI 53715. Students with college courses in progress must also send an official final transcript after coursework is completed.

Advising and registration sessions are for new students who have completed their placement test (or are registered to take the tests). This event is an opportunity to work with an academic advisor and register for your classes. 

Check your campus email for the “admitted/new students next steps invite" for the link to register for an advising and registration session.   Also, please continue to check your campus email for other steps in the admission process, including orientation. 

Accept or decline your Financial Aid Award offer. Your award will be listed in your PRISM account, under Finances Accept/Decline. For more information, see

Search for scholarships. You can apply for scholarships at your campus each semester. Visit your campus website and search “scholarships.”

Glenwood Commons, within walking distance to UW-Eau Claire – Barron County, provides optional housing that adds to the college experience. Housing for students is limited, and on a first-come-first-serve basis. Learn more here.

We want to hear from you

Please enter your name

Please enter a valid email address

Please enter a valid phone number

Please enter a message