Students can enroll in the Early College Credit Program (ECCP) if they are a public or private high school student. Students must receive approval for desired courses for credit. Most of the cost of the courses should be covered by your school’s district/state.
Students can enroll in the High School Special Program if they are a public or private high school student. The student/family is responsible for the cost of courses.
This program allows high school students to take college level courses at the campus or their own high school. An MOU provides guaranteed spots in a course.
Students in grades 10-12 must have a 2.0 GPA or better to participate in these programs. If the high school student doesn't meet the above criteria, the student will need to provide substantial and convincing letters of recommendation and/or data demonstrating high ability in a specific area of university study.
Deadlines for Application Materials
ECCP, High School Special, & MOU Program Deadlines
- June 1 for the fall semester
- December 1 for the spring semester
- May 1 for the summer session
MOU Agreement Deadlines
- March 1 for the fall semester
- October 1 for the spring semester
- March 1 for the summer session
How to Apply
- Fill out the UWEC-specific application
Note: For assistance filling out your application, view this video tutorial.
- Submit a high school transcript.
Note: An unofficial transcript can be uploaded during the application process.
- Students, counselors, and the school district fill out the UW System Early College Credit Program and High School Special Agreement Form. (This step is for ECCP/HSSP students only).
Note: High School Special Students do not need to sign the School District Approval line in Section III.
- Counselors send a roster of students participating in any MOU courses to UW-Eau Claire Admissions. (This step is for MOU students only.)
Admissions materials can be sent through one of the methods below.
Email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org
UW-Eau Claire Admissions Office
105 Garfield Ave
PO Box 4004
Eau Claire, WI 54701-4004
Note on Registration
Because of the demand for some courses and limitations on enrollment, degree-seeking students are given priority in course registration. High school special students register on a space-available basis, meaning enrollment in classes is not guaranteed.