We're excited to officially welcome you to the UW-Eau Claire – Barron County family!
This year, we’ve prepared the best Orientation experience to help you learn about life at UWECBC and to connect you with an academic advisor to plan out your first-semester schedule. Please follow the checklist below to get started.
Orientation Registration - have you signed up yet?
To register, follow the process below:
- Go to MyBlugoldCamps.
- Log in using your username and password created during the admission process when you activated your account. For help with your account, click here.
- After logging in, select the “Admissions" tile.
- Choose “Orientation Registration” and check for your name at the top of the screen.
- Follow the steps to complete your registration.
Orientation event checklist
STEP 1: Finish your new student checklist
Have you activated your account? Have you accepted your admission? Applied for financial aid? View your progress here. See the new student checklist for details.
STEP 2: Register for and complete your placement tests
All incoming students are required to take placement tests. Tests must be completed at least ten days before your scheduled Orientation date unless taken on campus.
You have options for completing your tests this fall:
- Complete your tests in person at UWEC – Barron County
In-person placement tests are held on our Rice Lake campus and are proctored by a staff member. Placement tests will be held on June 9th, June 21st, July 14th, July 26th and August 19th. You must register for in-person placement testing that is taking place at least 10 days before your Orientation date.
- Please note that it takes about one week for tests taken in person to be scored and sent to UW-Eau Claire. We highly recommend that you take them as soon as possible to ensure you're able to register for your classes on time.
- Complete your tests online
You may also take your placement tests online – click here to register. You will be asked to log in with your campus username and password to complete the registration form before taking the exam. Within two business days of registering (but more likely within a few minutes), you will receive an email from Scantron with a username and password for accessing the exams.
- Please note that online options for testing are not proctored and require more processing time.
- All students are required to complete the Math and English tests, and if you have had two or more years of French, German, or Spanish, take the placement exam for that language.
- Transfer students without transferable college credit for English or Math will need to take UW System placement tests. Students can work with their advisor to determine if placement tests need to be taken.
If you have questions regarding placement testing, please contact Sara Potter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 3: Attend your on-campus Orientation date
The on-campus session will start at 10:00 a.m. on of the date you select. This Orientation will cover important campus information. You will also get your Student ID and have a chance to finish any missing financial aid pieces.
Step 4: Complete your Academic Planning Questionnaire
Complete your Academic Planning Questionnaire (APQ). This form is crucial to the success of your advising appointment, as it helps our advising staff assess your academic preparedness and provide potential class selections. This questionnaire must be completed before your advising appointment. Complete your APQ here.
STEP 5: Complete your advising appointment
On your Orientation date you will schedule an in-person or virtual advising appointment. Limited appointments will be available the afternoon of you Orientation date.
STEP 6: Check your email
It's important to routinely check your UWEC email (email@example.com), as it is the main way faculty and staff will communicate with you. You can expect to receive information about classes, any missing pieces for financial aid, upcoming campus events, and more.
If you have questions or would like to register via phone or email, please contact the Solution Center at 715-788-6244 or firstname.lastname@example.org.