A mass vaccination clinic for COVID-19 opened on April 20 in the Gym at the UWEC-Barron County campus to serve thousands of people in Northwest Wisconsin. The vaccine clinic can provide at least 1,000 and up to 2,500 vaccine doses each week with a maximum daily capacity of 500 people. This is made possible by a joint effort among the Barron County Public Health, UWEC-Barron County, Wisconsin Department of Health Services, the State of Wisconsin and AMI.
As of May 13, all people age 12 and older are eligible for the Pfizer vaccine.
- How to make an appointment: Sign up for an appointment at vaccinate.wi.gov
- Residents without internet access or who need help signing can contact the call center at 844-684-1064 for help
- Walk-in patients are now being accepted at the clinic
- Location: UWEC-Barron County Fine Arts Building, 1800 College Drive, Rice Lake, WI 54868
- Time: Tuesday - Saturday, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. Beginning June 14, the clinic will be open Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
- Who is eligible: Everyone age 12+ who lives, works, or studies in Wisconsin
- Vaccine offered: Pfizer (12+)