UW-Eau Claire – Barron County offers a wide variety of courses to meet the interests of its diverse population of students.
Upcoming course schedules are tentative prior to semester start and are subject to change. They are posted early to serve as a guide in your academic planning.
Learn more about course descriptions by visiting the UW Colleges Course Catalog
Continuing students will be assigned registration appointments based on the number of credits already earned. Priority registration appointments can be found through the Student Center in PRISM about two weeks before registration opens (Fall: second Wednesday of April and Spring: second Wednesday of November).
In order to select and get into all of the classes you want, we recommend that students register as early as possible during the published times.
To register for classes:
- Review the course schedule and develop a tentative set of courses.
- Discuss class choices and academic plan with an advisor.
- Check PRISM for your appointment time during the priority enrollment period. Download the PRISM tutoria.
- Accept Terms and Conditions Agreement (TAC).
- Register for courses online using PRISM.
Have you attended in the past but taken a semester or more off? Follow these steps to register for classes:
- Re-fill out the UW System Application.
- Log on to your campus email and PRISM account to track your admissions status. Your username and password should have remained unchanged. If you forgot either, use the “password reset” page link on the PRISM log-in screen to recover both.
- After you have been re-admitted, follow the steps to register as a continuing student above.
Registration & Enrollment Policies
UW Colleges Online Courses
Visit Continuing Education for more information about the non-credit short courses offered both on-campus and online. Also learn about the Paralegal Certificate, Business Communication Certificate and the Educator’s Academy.