We accept applications September 1 - June 1 for admission the upcoming fall (September), and April 1 - November 1 for admission the upcoming spring (January). We must receive all of your required application materials prior to the deadline.
International student application process
Application deadlines: June 1 for the fall semester; November 1 for the spring semester.
Please submit the following:
Click the arrow to expand each item and learn more.
1. Online application
2. $25 USD application fee
Pay this fee online by logging back into your application.
3. Evidence of English proficiency
For undergraduate admission, submit one of the following:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT total score of 61
- Minimum IELTS overall score of 5.5
- Minimum iTEP score of 4.0
- Minimum Duolingo English Test overall score of 90
Note: Students who use Duolingo English Test scores as evidence of English proficiency will be required to take ESL 305 Advanced Academic Writing for 6 credits their first term.
4. Financial Verification form
Complete the Financial Verification form documenting your source of funding for the duration of your program or at least one year of estimated expenses shown, whichever is less. The document must be signed and dated by you and any sponsors.
5. Certified bank statement
Letter(s) from your bank or your sponsor’s bank attesting the availability of the funds documented on your Financial Verification form. Must be certified (signed and stamped) by a bank employee. Must be less than six months old.
6. Official transcripts
- Official secondary school transcripts mailed to us directly from the school.
- Transfer students must also have official transcripts for all college/university level studies mailed to us directly from the school.
- If your records were issued in a language other than English, include official original-language documents and professional-quality English translations.
- In the event that you possess the single unique copy of your transcripts, you may mail those to us to make certified copies and we will return the originals to you via certified mail.
- We are not able to accept transcripts via email.
7. Official diploma or examination results
- Examples include: SPM results, IGCSE results, WAEC results, IB results, 高中毕业证书, Graduation Certificate, etc.
- If issued in a language other than English, include official original-language document and a professional-quality English translation.
- We are not able to accept diplomas or examination results via email.
8. Passport copy
A scan or copy of the photo page of your passport, as well as a copy of your current visa if you are already in the United States.
Submit the supporting documents listed above by including them with your UW-Eau Claire specific application, or by activating your student account and using our document uploader. You may also submit application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Materials may be mailed to the following address:
UW-Eau Claire Admissions
105 Garfield Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701 USA