Skip to main content

Information for unique student situations

If you've looked through all of the student information for applying to UW-Eau Claire- Barron County and none of it seems to fit your situation, you've come to the right page. We have several options to explore the academics at UW-Eau Claire – Barron County.

If you look through all of the options and you still have questions, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help. 

High school special students

If you are looking to get ahead of the game and take college courses while still in high school we have options for you! Learn more here.

Undergraduate non-degree (special) students

Do you want to take some courses for personal enrichment or professional development?  Enrolling as a non-degree student could be a great option for you!

You are considered an undergraduate non-degree (special) student if you graduated from a recognized high school, or have the educational equivalent, are not currently seeking a degree, and want to take undergraduate coursework. Please note that non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid.

What do I need to submit?
  • Fill out a UW System application online - Make sure to correctly select Non-Degree Applicant. Applications are typically accepted until the first day of classes. 


Note on registration

Because of the demand for some courses and limitations on enrollment, degree-seeking students will be given priority over non-degree students.


Some courses require permission to enroll from the department or an instructor. If a course you would like to take requires permission to enroll, please contact the academic department offering that course.

Academic Advising

Please contact the Advising, Retention and Career Center at with any advising questions.

Re-entry student enrollment

Have you attended UW-Eau Claire – Barron County as a degree-seeking student in the past and are ready to come back for more? If you've taken one full term off you don't need to reapply.  You will receive information along with continuing students regarding enrolling in classes.

If you have been away for two or more semesters and are ready to come back, check out the steps below to be a Charger again!

What do I need to submit?
  • Fill out a UW System application online - Please use the applicant statement as a way to communicate what you have been doing since you last attended UW-Eau Claire – Barron County. On your application, list any courses you are currently enrolled in at another institution.
  • You are exempt from the application fee.
  • You are not required to submit your high school transcript.

  • You are not required to submit your ACT/SAT scores.

  • If you have attended or are attending one or more higher education institutions while you were away from UW-Eau Claire—Barron County, please submit an official transcript from each institution you attended. Official transcripts should be sent electronically via secured transmission (not email) to UW-Eau Claire Admissions.

Note: If you have only been gone from UW-Eau Claire—Barron County for one semester and do not need to reapply, you should still submit official transcripts from any higher education institutions you attended. Transfer work is critical and may affect academic progress, academic standing, financial aid eligibility, and graduation.

After you've been accepted
  • Review your registration information enclosed in your acceptance packet
  • Submit your final college transcript (if applicable)
  • Register for classes
Information for suspended students

Your application will be reviewed by the suspension appeals committee at UW-Eau Claire—Barron County. Please use the applicant statement to address the suspension and include any information you would like the committee to know when reviewing your application.

Note: Students who left UW-Barron County prior to Fall 2018 (Summer 2018 or earlier) and now want to enroll at UW-Eau Claire—Barron County should apply for admission as a transfer student.  This application is required because the college is now a branch campus of UW-Eau Claire

  • Already Applied? Check your application status
  • We want to hear from you

    Please enter your name

    Please enter a valid email address

    Please enter a valid phone number

    Please enter a message