Congratulations on your acceptance to UW-Eau Claire – Barron County. Here are your next steps to start your academic journey:
1. Activate your account
Activate your account by visiting myusername.uwec.edu. You will need your username and campus ID, which are found in your admit letter or application acknowledgement email.
2. Accept your admission
After being admitted and activating your account (step 1 above), sign into CampS to accept your admission offer.
3. Apply for financial aid
To be considered for financial assistance, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available at fafsa.gov. You may begin completing the FAFSA for the next academic year on Oct. 1. Submit your FAFSA using the UW-Eau Claire FAFSA code (003917) by March 15 to receive a financial aid package prior to May 1. For those who apply for financial aid earlier, we will begin sending out financial aid packages in January. For questions, contact the Solution Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-788-6244.
Note: If you filed your FAFSA incorrectly using UW-Barron County’s FAFSA code, please contact the Solution Center to resolve the issue at email@example.com or 715-788-6244.
4. Apply for scholarships
Feb. 1 priority; April 1 deadline
Admitted first-year and transfer students should visit the scholarship website for the scholarship application, descriptions, criteria and amounts. Students who are accepted by the April 1 application deadline must fill out the separate Admissions scholarship application to apply. Eligible students who are admitted and have a scholarship application submitted by the Feb. 1 priority application deadline may be considered for early awards.
*Note: Students in the Launch Program or the Associate of Arts and Science Online Collaborative program are not eligible for scholarships.
5. Register for placement exams
All incoming students are required to take placement tests. Tests must be completed at least ten days before your scheduled Orientation date. You have options for completing your tests this spring:
- Complete your tests in person at UWEC – Barron County
Select in-person testing dates will be offered. Contact Ali Liffrig at 715-788-6217 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register for a testing dates.
- Complete your tests online
You may also take your placement tests online – click here to register. You will be asked to log in with your campus username and password to complete the registration form before taking the exam. Within two business days of registering (but more likely within a few minutes), you will receive an email from Scantron with a username and password for accessing the exams.
Transfer students without transferable college credit for English or Math will need to take UW System placement tests. Students can work with their advisor to determine if placement tests need to be taken.
Note: If you have any questions, please contact Ali Liffrig at 715-788-6217 or email@example.com.
6. Register for orientation or classes
- Fall students: Hybrid New Student Orientation (virtual advising appointment with a corresponding on-campus Orientation date) for students beginning classes in the fall will take place May – August. Students who accept their admission will receive detailed information about orientation in March. Before attending orientation, be sure to send an official transcript for any college work in progress or completed to get the best advice on what courses to select.
Sign up for orientation and learn more about what to expect
- Spring students: Students beginning classes in the spring will have a virtual advising appointment in December or January. Students should first accept their admission (see step 2 above), then call the Solution Center at 715-788-6244 to schedule their appointment. Before the appointment, send an official transcript for any college work in progress or completed to get the best advice on what courses to select.
- Winterim/Summer students: Students beginning classes in the winterim or summer will have a virtual advising appointment. (Winterim student appointments take place in November or December; summer student appointments will take place in April or May). Students should first accept their admission (see step 2 above), then call the Solution Center at 715-788-6244 to schedule their appointment. Before the appointment, send an official transcript for any college work in progress or completed to get the best advice on what courses to select.
Transfer students/Associate of Arts and Sciences Online Collaborative students: Once you accept your admission, our Solution Center staff will connect you with an academic advisor. Your academic advisor will contact you via email to set up a time to discuss your transfer credits and registering for classes. Questions about orientation, advising and registration can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Submit test credit
If you have taken Advanced Placement (AP) exams, College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams or International Baccalaureate (IB) exams, send the official scores to UW-Eau Claire. If you have questions, contact the Solution Center staff at email@example.com or 715-788-6244.
8. Submit final transcript(s)
First-year students: After graduation submit an official high school transcript for a review of your senior grades and proof of graduation.
First-year and transfer students: To gain college credit for any college coursework taken, send a final official transcript from the college/university you took the course(s) through. All transcripts should be sent to the Admissions Office prior to orientation for best advising. Altering or failing high school or college coursework could result in cancellation of your admission.
9. Apply for housing (optional)
Glenwood Commons, within walking distance to UW-Eau Claire – Barron County, provides optional housing that adds to the college experience. Housing for students is limited and on a first-come-first-serve basis. To learn more, click here.
We're here to help
If you have any questions about the steps after you've been admitted, feel free to contact us.