Follow the steps below to find and apply for work study positions at UW-Eau Claire – Barron County.
- Be sure you have been awarded and accepted "Work-Study" on your PRISM financial aid page.
- You must be enrolled in at least 6 credits during the semester.
Schedule an interview with the supervisor listed with each position. At the interview, hours and pay will be discussed.
- Fill out the student application and bring with you to the interview.
- If you are hired for a position, pick up a Work-Study eligibility packet from the Campus Administrative Specialist, Julie Rankin, or the Solution Center.
- You MUST return the completed payroll packet to the Campus Administrative Specialist to get put on payroll. In addition you'll have to complete and pass a background check.
- Students are responsible for entering their own work hours through the payroll system. Supervisors will approve all hours. Students get paid every two weeks through direct deposit. See attached Directions.
- Fall Work-Study positions are open starting Sept. 5, 2017 - December 22, 2017.
- Spring Work-Study positions are open starting January 22, 2018 - May 18, 2018.
Work-study payroll process
In order to receive a paycheck, students should go to my.wisconsin.edu and record time worked on their HRS Student Timesheet Entry form. The HRS Student Timesheet instructions will give you specific details on how to correctly enter information. Students should enter and submit their time each work day. Students must at least enter and submit their time weekly, on the last day worked in the week. On the last day of the pay period, ALL time entries must be entered and submitted for timely payroll processing.
Internships + Jobs
Visit Handshake to find internships and jobs in the local Rice Lake area, as well as available positions around the country.
Contact Advising, Retention + Career Center