Skip to main content

A convenient way to pay

The UWECBC Card Account is an optional debit card account that is more convenient and safer than cash. You may also use your UWECBC Account to pay for recreational activities and printing services.

Anyone with a UWECBC card may open UWECBC account with a deposit of $5 or more. You or anyone you designate may deposit funds online using Discover, Mastercard or Visa. Your UWECBC account remains open for as long as you are actively enrolled or employed at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire – Barron County. Cash withdrawals may not be made from UWECBC accounts. Deposited funds cannot be used to pay tuition.

Cardholder Information

Getting your UWECBC Card

UW-Eau Claire—Barron County undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty and staff members receive a university identification card as a privilege of their affiliation with the university. There is no charge for the first UWECBC Card. UWECBC Cards are obtained at the HelpDesk in M154 located in Commons (next to Solution Center).

  • Add funds Make a deposit using Discover, Mastercard, or VISA, check account balance, and more
  • The fine print

    The UWECBC  Card is the official photo identification card of the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire—Barron County. The card is the property of UW-Eau Claire. Its use is governed by all university regulations and is non-transferable.

    The Eau Claire—Barron County must be returned to the university if requested.

    Anyone requesting a University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire—Barron County ID card must provide picture identification (government-issued ID or passport) at the time the ID is made. Eau Claire—Barron County Cards are used as picture identification. To provide an accurate picture, hair color, hairstyle and eye color must be visible. For this reason cardholders are not permitted to wear hats, bandanas covering more than half of their hair, or sunglasses in their picture.

    Video images are considered "personally identifiable information" protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Video images produced for the Eau Claire—Barron County Card will only be used to create the UWECBC Card and for identification purposes within the University.

    Initial ID cards for those associated with Eau Claire—Barron County (faculty/staff and students) are issued at no charge. Replacing a lost, stolen or damaged ID card costs the cardholder $15.

    Readmitted students who no longer have their original UW-Eau Claire ID card must purchase a replacement. The only exception is made in the case of a student not enrolled in classes for the past five academic years; this student will be issued a new ID card at no charge.

    Faculty/staff members who take classes at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire will use their faculty/staff ID cards, because student segregated fees are waived for faculty/staff.

    Employees who leave UW-Eau Claire must turn in their ID cards to the Library Help Desk before leaving the university. Emeriti and retirees may retain their ID cards and access to privileges.

    Lost, stolen or damaged UWECBC Cards

    If you misplace your UWECBC Card, contact the Library Help Desk or use your online account access to suspend activity on your accounts until you are able to find it. The university is not responsible for misuse of your ID from the time it is lost to the time it is reported missing. When you locate your card you may reinstate activity on your accounts at no charge by visiting the Library Help Desk.

    If you are sure that your card is lost or has been stolen, contact the Library Help Desk once or use your online account access to lock your accounts until a new card is issued to you. The university is not responsible for misuse of your ID from the time it is lost to the time it is reported lost or stolen.

    UWECBC Cards that are damaged beyond normal wear must be replaced at the cardholder's expense.

    UWECBC Card Services will charge $15 for the replacement of a UWECBC Card or a UWECBC Card Maxx. Photo identification is required. Once a UWECBC Card is replaced, any previous cards will be obsolete and should be returned to the Library Help Desk.

    We want to hear from you

    Please enter your name

    Please enter a valid email address

    Please enter a valid phone number

    Please enter a message